My Approach


My goal is to provide a safe and confidential environment for you (or you and your loved ones) to explore the concerns you are facing and work with you to discover lasting solutions. I seek to support and encourage your emotional, mental and relational growth in an atmosphere of trust and respect.

My counseling approaches vary according to the needs of my clients. My theoretical perspective combines theories of Cognitive Behavioral; Cognitive Behavioral is a general term for a form of counseling that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do. I use Bowen Family-of-Origin work & Systems Theory as well as Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Pastoral Counseling. At times, depending on the client, I use the creative and dynamic processes of artistic metalworking to further therapeutic goals. This approach has provided solid success with some of my adolescent clients. Regardless of methods, I am committed to providing you with what you need to better understanding yourself your relationships and becoming more fully yourself.
Counseling may be helpful in dealing with the following concerns;
Emotional Concerns
Anxiety
Depression
Fear
Shame
Self-Esteem

Relationship Concerns
Partner/Spouse issues
Dating/Single
Work issues
Communication tools

Life Span Concerns
Health/Illness
Divorce/Break up
Loss/Bereavement
Career Transition/Coaching
Religious Issues
Spirituality/Identity
Addiction

No comments: